About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Greywolfe's Resurrection

Hey all and sundry!  It's been over two years since I wrote anything on here, and I thought I'd take a moment to say hi and catch you up with what's been happening in the life and times of the Okiepatriot.  It's been a wild ride full of ups and downs.  So without further ado, here's what my last 26 months has wrought.

First, if you look at my bio it states that I am a warrior for those things that I believe in:  God, family, and country.  So, here's what's happened in each.  First with my God, I have found that he is as loving and forgiving as he has always been to me.  In the last two years, I have done some stupid things and still he has blessed me.  It hasn't been easy, but he has brought me steps closer to my personal land of milk and honey.  exactly 1 year and 1 month ago, I was able to move my family into a cute little farm house on 10 acres of land.  If you go to my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/keith.ent some pics on my timeline that show our new home.  It is the most relaxing place I have ever lived.  The perch pond really helps.  It has been a blessing, but the Lord is making sure I feel that it is worth it, as he has allowed me to face several challenges in getting and keeping it.  If I stay faithful, so will he.

Next, on the list of topics is my family.  Now that we have a place that is ours, my father has made clear his intentions (with my urging, of course) that he wants to move here with us.  I have no words to express how that honors me and gladdens me.  He is every bit as much my hero now, as he was when I was 12.  I have a son who is finishing his high school career this year and will be starting at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma next fall.  If pride is a bad thing, I'll just pay for it, because I am so proud of him it makes my heart ache.  In addition, I have another son that is getting ready to start his senior year and has decided that he is going to pursue a career in welding.  Considering the job growth in the oil field over the last few years, I believe that to be an admirable goal.  My youngest son is getting ready to start his junior year and is also looking to go to a vocational school rather than university.  The very laudable course curriculum that he's chosen is a two year program for law enforcement.  Finally, the last but by no means least of my children is my daughter.  She's decided to continue with her normal studies, entering into her junior year, but seems to be focusing on her Japanese language studies.  With beauty, wit, and intelligence that she's been given, there is no doubt that she'll be a success at whatever she decides to do.  She is the other woman in my life for whom I would gladly die if it meant her happiness.

I'm giving my wife her own paragraph because she is the proof that God is gracious to me.  He has given me the love of my life that, 13 years after we got together, is still the reason that I am sane and in love.  Each day that I spend with her, whether it's working on the house, shopping, or just hanging out not saying a word, I know that I am blessed and highly favored because without that favor and blessing, she would not be with me.  She is my partner in crime and my partner in success.  She motivates me and encourages me to follow my dreams.  Thank you, My Love. 

Well that does it for my family, so I'll talk a little bit now about this country that I so love.  The last six years has worked out pretty much like each and every conservative that visits my page thought it would.  With the exception of the fact that I really am surprised at the ability for Americans to fool themselves into believing that things aren't collapsing.  Or rather I should say that I am surprised that their ability to lie to themselves has actually forestalled, at least temporarily, the collapse that we still see looming.  Most of you saw the eco-wacko movie, "Avatar".  Well, yeah, I've got a teenaged daughter so of course I had to go see it.  I feel like we're at that point just after the bombing of the big tree-city and everyone is watching as it slowly starts to tilt.  We're right at that moment.  It (the economy) is tilting, but it hasn't started picking up speed, though the leaves are starting to fall.  It's one of the reasons that I prayed for a place like this farm.  Ten acres should give me a good chance to find or build self sufficiency. 

Does that mean that I've given up on America and the American dream?  Hell no!  In fact, I just finished writing my first full book.  You can find out about it at http://hkeithent.blogspot.com/.  Currently it is in editing, and I'm still looking for someone to do the cover art, but I am happy that one more dream is being realized.  I've decided that I would follow those things that I am led to do and stop making excuses on why they aren't possible.  I'm making plans to build a new blacksmith shop here on the property(see above comment about self sufficiency) as well as starting a new career path.  Truck driving is for people without interesting lives and families.

So, in closing, I'll tell you that I am indeed worried by the direction our nation is taking.  I am convinced that it isn't going  to be able to survive if we stay the course.  In point of fact, I'd say that we have already crossed the point of no return.  However, God gave me a few gifts, and if I neglect them, or make excuses why I shouldn't do them, NOW, then I'm in rebellion against his wishes and his blessings will dry up.  I am truly sorry that I haven't done more to be on here and keep you, my other family in the loop, but hopefully, those days are past and we can spend more time keeping each other uplifted.

So, until I speak to you again...
Keep your powder dry.

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear