About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Friday, December 2, 2011

Herman Cain Destruction.... Complete

Well, I believe that I called this one right.  A couple of posts back, I said that the left would destroy Herman Cain not just oppose him.  They couldn't afford to have a man like him put the lie to Barry and his plans.  So, they've brought out every piece of trailer trash they could find and some that just flat doesn't seem to exist to pound on him.  Now this latest "friend" of his comes forward and claims a decade plus long affair.  Did it happen?  Likely.  Does that immediately disqualify him for President?  Well, if it does then Newt is toast too.  Personally, I find myself of two minds on the thought.  On one hand, we need a man of strong moral character so we can have a hero, if you will, to look to and say, "See?!?  A good man does exist that can lead us." And I am repulsed by the idea of cheating on your wife for any reason.  On the other hand, I'm not inclined to think that a long time relationship outside of marriage is a reason to throw a man overboard.  He is still the man who was a positive leader in several companies and has come up with good ideas for saving this nation.  Would an affair keep a general from prosecuting a war, by default?  I mean just because he had one... I don't think so.

But in all reality, that is a moot point.  He's toast.  Now Newt seems to be pulling into the default lead and the laundry list of reasons that I don't like him are so damned long that it would give me a cramp to write it out.  But for brevity's sake, it can be summed up by a video of him on a couch with the wicked witch of the west, Pelosi.  'Nuff said.

2 comments:

Chuck O said...

All I'm looking for is a candidate to do the following-
1. Secure the border.
2. Pay off our debt.
3. Reduce dependence on foreign energy and create jobs by allowing us to drill, build refineries, and dig up the coal.
4. Stop restricting legal citizens from exercising their Constitutional rights.

Do that and I'm happy. I feel we will keep getting our hats handed to us if we keep focusing on private lives-something the left never does which explains why Bill Clinton, John Edwards, Barney Frank, Ted Kennedy, and many more were given passes.

Greywolfe said...

Thanks for stopping by Chuck. I'm right there with you. Trouble is, I'm not impressed with Newt on any level. He's easier for me to get behind than Mitt, but that's not saying much.

On your last point, though. Again I'm of two minds. Yes, if we focus on character we are always going to have to face getting beat downs, but on the other hand, isn't it the conservative that is supposed to be standing up for moral certitude and clarity? If we use the libs' criteria for elections, won't we end up with the same as they? People who don't even own a moral compass. The names you listed are perfect examples.

Just a thought.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear