About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Recap

Well friends, here we are just a couple hours (depending where you are) from calling 2011 a done deal.  I've been through a lot of changes this year.  In fact, they kept coming right up to the last few days, finishing off with a new career.  I'd like to take a few and tell all of my friends that read this that I am so very thankful for your friendship and support through this last year.  Like the nation I love so much, I've seen grief and laughter, fear and blessings, moments of weakness and strength.  I've made new friends and discovered old friends were dying.  But in all of the things that I've been through and been part of, I know that the good Lord has had my back.  I've seen too many things that convince me of his active participation in my life.

As for our nation and the things it's going through, I've seen a lot of things that have disappointed me this last year.  Many of those that were elected last year and that were seen as our warriors for conservative principles have become  However, I've seen other things that lead me to believe that there is a very strong and growing section of America that are becoming increasingly intolerant of the "progressive" agenda and are fighting back.  Record gun and ammunition sales are both very heartening and at the same time, quite disturbing.  The Tea Party has become a national force in political circles and no longer do those in opposition take them lightly.  Indeed, they have tried, with little true success, to foster their own "occupy" movement and in doing so have shown themselves to be violent and anarchic and so most of America is at the least distrusting and at the most, disgusted by the movement.

We are now in a battle, political though it may be, for a new administration to help lead our nation back to the path it was set up to take.  Understand me, if you have read this blog for any time at all, you know that even as I fight for those things I believe in as principle bedrocks of my nature, I also believe that things are playing out as they must for biblical prophecy to come to the end that has been foretold.  It doesn't change what I see as my duty, but it does make it easier to take defeat when it happens as it did with the crushing debt arguments that this nation has been in this past year.  We conservatives were hoodwinked by those we trusted and fed a line that is nothing less than a continuation of the destructive policies that the current administration started 3 years ago.

This next year will bear out whether my belief, the belief that our fate as a free, unified, and strong republic has been compromised beyond redemption, will prove true or that the "shining city on the hill" as Reagan referred to us, still has bright days in store.

I personally believe that until we recapture our heritage as a christian nation, protecting the life of the unborn and making decisions based on what's right and wrong versus what is politically feasable, we will never again recieve the blessings of the Lord as a nation.  Without that, we will not survive as the force of good that we had been in our nation's youth.

Whatever happens, God bless those that call me friend or kin.  God look with mercy on this nation, and I pray that this next year holds blessings never before seen for all of you.  Happy New Year.

1 comments:

gramma2many said...

I pray God's rich blessings on you and your family in 2012. We are going to win this battle only with Him on our side. Keep up the fight:)

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear