About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Angst of The Conservative Mind

I've been going through the blogs today and almost without exception, the results of the faux deficit reduction deal are extremely negative. Small wonder, most of us that watched the last Congressional election cycle with baited breaths, were told that the freshmen that we helped elect were going to be warriors for principles that were shouted from the pulpits across the fruited plain;  "Taxed Enough Already", and cutting spending and size of government, not to mention reductions in the choke hold that federal regulations are having on our nations businesses.

What have we gotten instead?  A big cave on the budget fight earlier in the spring and another thumb in the eye of the fiscal and social conservatives in the U.S.  We were even abandoned by the man that we looked to as a stalwart in the movement, Lt. Col. Allen West.  I still don't understand how he could get behind this deal when it did nothing to stop the insanity that is Washington spending.  The only reason I an think that he would go along with this, and I would hate to think that he would stand for it, is that he was threatened by the Republican leadership that they would support someone else in a primary fight if he stood his ground.  Since he made it clear that he has no intention of trying for another position, he might feel like he has to do what he can to protect his job. 

I really don't care what his reasoning, the fact of the matter is, that we who consider ourselves warriors for this nation are looking to our representatives and senators to fight for what is morally right, regardless of the personal costs.  Trust me, if we were given a spokesman in the house and senate that were willing to fall on their sword for the fights that must be fought, then we would take care of them and protect them.  This luke warm attempt is contemptuous and disgusting.  It will be remembered when election tallies come in.  I hope that our elected representatives do better this fall, but I'm already hearing rumors that at least on the senate side, Harry Reid is trying to stack the deck as far as the super committee is concerned.

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear