About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Signs Of The Times

Well friends and neighbors, this is, for me at least a very frightening time to be alive.  Look at all that's happening in such a small amount of time:  The middle east is being remade in many ways.  Our nation is fighting for its survival. And Japan is trying to self destruct.  Add into the mix the EU's monetary worries, many of which have taken a back burner due to the other crises.  The fact is, things are setting up for a global melt down of the type not seen since WWII.   


The scary part is, how many of those in power are willing to put everything to risk for political gain and power.  I heard, last week, several Democrat Congressmen throwing around vitriol and bile like confetti at a ticker tape parade.  What good does it do the nation to throw mud that you know has no place hitting those that are making an honest effort to restore our future?  None.  But that isn't stopping them from claiming the the Republicans are out to kill women, children, and senior citizens, anyways. 


So, the Republicans got their arses handed to them on the budget crisis last week.  Come to find out the multi-billion dollar deal actually panned out into a couple hundred million.  Ooops.  Gee, I guess that didn't work out the way they wanted.  Paul Ryan has come up with a budget plan that would, over the next 10+ years, decrease the debt and finally eliminate it.


Like Rand Paul, I believe it'll be too little too late, but it's a start.  The problem comes in because there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that they'll get that plan through the Senate.  The political hacks are going to go berserk over it and the Senate version will be just as weak as this last budget deal.  So, in short I really don't forsee us getting anything meaninful done until after the next budget starts. 

2 comments:

Chuck O said...

Frightening time to be alive? Maybe I should be afraid, but to tell the truth, I just keep living life every day the same. I'm not guaranteed tomorrow so I want to spend as much time as possible with those I care most about.

I see both major parties moving this country closer to the edge every day. Just an observation, but maybe that's what we need. Get the inevitable over with so we can rebuild.

I recall some of your earlier blogs and how you mentioned all that marching and protesting might slow their agenda,but it won't certainly stop it. I don't see anything meaningful happening unless we get some some straight up real deal conservatives in control of Congress and I mean veto proof control with no line crossing rinos.

Greywolfe said...

Hey Chuck! Wow, it's very nice to have my words brought back to life from a reader. In fact, it's a great thing to have what's out there brought back into focus. Thanks.

I, like you, really don't have a lot of faith in the workings of the political machine. I guess I lost myself in the possibilities of the few real patriots that got elected this last year.

I have to wonder what they'll do when their faith in the system is shattered and all of their attempts at a course change are squashed.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear