About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Friday, July 9, 2010

California Insanity Continues

Ok, I don't want to come across like I support the cop that shot the unarmed man in the subway video last year.  Far from it!  They should bury the guy under the jail.  And I have to admit that I don't think he got his just rewards for the shooting.  Involuntary manslaughter doesn't even come close.  So I support whole heartedly the 1000 or so folks that protested PEACEFULLY yesterday.  What I don't support, never will support, and find it impossible to even comprehend is why a lot of people found it necessary to start robbing, and looting their own city. 

What the hell is wrong with the water in California?  Don't like the way a jury comes back?  Riot.  Hell, they riot if the damned sports game doesn't come back like they want.  So far they've only reported 50 or so arrests.  I guess we'll see what happens next.  Wonder what will happen when the California economy goes ahead and crashes.  That should spark an even more insane set of actions by the loons in the cereal state.

7 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

It is a mob mentality and the mob rules.
No one in the white community has rioted for the black panthers being let off this week.

Chuck said...

Very well put Gramma. We've had a share of riots here in Michigan and quite frankly I don't remember a white riot.

I am not a racist but it is time we have this conversation.

Good post Greywolfe

Z said...

As usual, I'm with Chuck...don't blame my California..blame those who're ruining her just as roundly as they're ruining the whole country.
Think it was a bunch of kids from UCLA or SC who did this? !!

Greywolfe said...

Please understand Z, I have absolutely NOTHING against the "good" people of california.

But you have to admit, there is more insanity coming from that state than any other three "other than D.C., which isn't a state but has more idiots than any true state" states combined.

Always On Watch said...

CA did give us Ronald Reagan. But that was a long time ago.

My in-laws live in Southern California. Yes, they are conservatives, and the know a lot of conservatives. Still, overall California does seem to have a problem with political and social reality.

Sue said...

Hi, Greywolfe...nice to "meet" you! Thanks for the kind words over at my blog! I look forward to many more interactions here in blogland!

As for California...I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's a shame that a once beautiful part of the United States has become so, for lack of a better word, tainted. (Sorry to the CA residents who read this. I do agree it just takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. It just seems to me CA has MORE than their fair share of bad fruit...)

M. Rigmaiden said...

GW I've never understood raiding and looting your own neighborhoods either. These assholes were just looking for an excuse to wreak havoc. However, best believe I understand the justifiable anger in the soft sentencing. But the people who had a right to be pissed (the family of Oscar Grant) weren't the ones looting and stealing!

About our state going broke, we have a few tricks up our sleeves. Richmond and Oakland JUST passed ordinances allowing agribusiness to grow pot for the cities to generate revenue. This could bring in BILLIONS of dollars annually for these locales. Now regulatory structure is what is needed. I think we might be able to come out of this budget deficit and frankly I am willing to participate in whatever is necessary to bring our economy together. So I am taking a more optimistic view on this;)

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear