About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Irregular Rant

It's no secret that I haven't written much lately. Partially this is because I've been out on the road trying to make ends meet. However, if I'm honest I have to say that I haven't written much because I'm disgusted with the direction this nation has been taking. The helplessness and impotent fury that I'm feeling has me near the breaking point. I, and every other blogger with half a brain, have been preaching and teaching about what this government is going to attempt, and has in some cases accomplished. The radical pushes towards government supremacy in every aspect of our lives. The systematic dismantling and destruction of private industry and free market economy. The push further and further away from Constitutional governance.

For all of these things, our Founding Fathers left what they knew and fought and died to make something better. 230+ years later, we've not only forgotten most of our history, we've allowed it to be re-written to make us out as some form of oppressive monster, instead of the beacon for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that we are.

I asked some time back what would be the breaking point for patriots that visit here. I've never really recieved answers on that question. When does the blood of our forefathers boil in us to the point where we take the power back from D.C. and put it back into the hands of the states.

I have read that a few states have started using the legislative tool known as nullification. However, for the most part they have been quiet about it and not forcing the issue. Why aren't they screaming from the mountain tops about their anger at the misuse and abuse of federal power? Why hasn't that million plus march last year repeated itself with the intent of shutting down the capital? Does anyone think that they couldn't do it if they all put their minds to it? 1,000,000 plus people with deer rifles slung over their shoulders(not brandished just slung) could do more to show the distaste that we have for what is happening than all the blogging done since this whole farce started over two years ago.

I find it distasteful that we sit here blogging and complaining about what is being done and no one is paying attention to the very real danger we are in. Sometime back I wrote a post about how all it would take is a federal declaration of emergency for the federal government to set aside the constitution and FEMA would take over without constitutional limits of any kind. Look at everything this government has done to out and out destroy our economy. They've done more to harm than to help in every disaster (especially this gulf spill) that has beset this nation since it took power. Not one policy enacted by this administration has been benificial in any way.

They've nationalized (read also, government run) 2/3 of the auto industry. They've nationalized the finance and banking industries. They forced the self-destruction of the medical insurance industry. That's a murder that will take a bit for the body to assume room temperature, but it is going to happen all the same. On and on and on I could go, but we have all read and re-read the emergency steps that they felt were "necessary". But not one of these steps, including a stimulus bill that forced the states to put themselves further and further into debt with unfunded and unsustainable programs mandated by federal law, has done anything but make us more and more weak. Both at home and in the world market.

And still we type. Still we vent our bile here and DO nothing. We march, we send letters, we call our congressmen and senators. Which has availed most of us nothing.

The leftists have taken more power than they've EVER had in this country before. In the upcoming election, they will lose most of that gain and will be faced with a possible reduction of what they've fought so hard to implement. Does anyone really think they're going to let that happen? I have serious doubts as to whether the leadership that is in control now, is really of a mind to let the unwashed masses ruin their party if they can avoid it. 

To put it in terms that the very few leftists that come here can understand, I believe that they are going to try to avoid having the next set of elections.  Some form of disaster will be manufactured or created ad hoc to allow a federal declaration of emergency and poof bush's directive 51 get's enacted.  Guess we'll see.

Just in case, as always, keep your powder dry.

5 comments:

Chuck O said...

We are at fault in the sense we just wanted to take care of our families and live our lives. We were asleep at the wheel while the leftists sought greater control over our lives. The GOP is as guilty as the DNC. They care more about their precious seat of power than doing the will of the people. Both parties work together to rape the public. I'm in Illinois so I know what I'm talking about. When both parties have the same goal, there is no need to enact directive 51. Look is on Illinois' ballot for Senator and Governor. No hope at all. What am I going to do? Graduate college then pack up the family and get the hell out of here. The welfare state has taken too much from my hard earned paycheck.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Couldn't say it better Kent. I am a bit tired of blogging about this also. Seems like we are butting our heads up against a brick wall.
Believing in the Bible tells me that this shall come to pass, but I do not believe that it should happen without the fight of my lifetime. I have no powder, but I am willing to lay down my life for my country.
I hope everyone has read the last chapter of the BOOK. That is where my peace comes from.

Greywolfe said...

chuck, I feel for you. I can't understand how you've made it so long in that state as it is. I completely agree with you on the Dems and Republicans being equally complicit in what's happening.

George Washington didn't want political parties at all for the republic. He saw them as an evil that would put party before country in the hearts of the people. We should have listened.

Gramma, as usual you and I see this eye to eye. Like you I also see this as something that is fore ordained. And like you, I can't let it happen without a fight.

At some point, I know that the government is going to silence my voice. I'll be labeled a traitor or seditionist. As much for my belief in Christ as my political views, I'm sure. But it will happen.

But until then (and even after) I'll keep fighting and give as good as I get.

Z said...

I feel very much the same way...sitting typing our indignant fingers to the bone while our freedoms are being stripped by the minute.
This Fourth even feels different to me.
God bless, Kent and have a good day. z

M. Rigmaiden said...

Hey GW. Hope that any action you've taken to hold fast to your values is working out. I've gone to a few tea party meetings in the adjacent county lately. Last week there was a petroleum engineer lecture about what really happened in the gulf etc.

Anyway, don't let this stuff depress you. I believe that God wants us to make precautions and take care of ourselves because he helps us who pay attention. When I see the great evil in the world, I am saddened. But I see the glint in my little son's eyes and my attitude changes. He represents the hope of the future. BTW thanks for your kind words the other day:)

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear