About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, May 30, 2010

An Honor For The Oklahoma Patriot

Hey all, just a quick line or three about an honor that came my way this evening. A friend of mine had two beautiful baby boys a couple months ago, and tonight they came by and asked me if I'd like to be their godfather. Now, we aren't Catholic but I still consider it a great honor to be asked. As I understand it, as a godfather it's my job, as it were, to be an emotional/spiritual/moral guide to the boys.

I find this to be one of the most humbling requests that have ever been made of me, and I am very honored and happy to have been the one asked. I hope that I am up to the task. It's no secret that I've lived my life with one foot in heaven and the other in hell. But I'll give it all the effort that the Lord has given me the strength to attempt.

11 comments:

Z said...

Congratulations, Keith..what a wonderful honor. How marvelous that friends think that much of you and that you take this honor so seriously. I'm glad you're so happy about this...it's nice to have something so positive happen in our lives, isn't it. :-) God bless you and those Godsons of yours!

Greywolfe said...

Thanks Z, It is an honor. Glad you were watching. I do like sharing the good things in life with my friends. Good things in life are rare and bound to get more so.

God bless and keep your powder dry.

gramma2many said...

Truly an honor, especially since you are not Catholic. It says they trust you implicitly.
When I was a Catholic, you could not have that position if you were not a Catholic yourself.

M. Rigmaiden said...

Congrats GW! It is an honor for someone to care about your counsel and spiritual nature to entrust you with that responsibility. Interestingly enough; we aren't Catholic but have Godparents!

Hope you had a nice bbq day today:) I went to a Tea Party meeting on Thursday and thought of you:)

Slamdunk said...

Congrats. I am a non-Catholic Godfather as well.

M. Rigmaiden said...

Hey GW, if you are still trucking best wishes on the road! :)

Greywolfe said...

Guys, thanks for the kudos, and good wishes. Yeah, I've been gone Disa, but not in the truck. I had two family reunions back to back. LONG week doesn't do justice.

Found out about some interesting history I'll be writing about soon.

Thanks for coming by slamdunk. It's an honor isn't it? Being a Godfather.

M. Rigmaiden said...

GW I heard there was flooding in your state. God be with you. Let us know how you are doing!

Greywolfe said...

Disa, thanks for the good wishes. It's appreciated. Yeah, there was a considerable amount of flooding here.

My dad had to go in for surgery this morning (completely successful) so I, of course, had to drive my SUV right into the teeth of the flooding.

I must say that I took great delight in the many and sundry rice burners and compact cars (3 priuses) that I saw sunk up to their windows in water.

I got home just fine without incident.

Z said...

WOW, glad you're okay and very happy your dad's doing well!
And you told ME to 'keep my power DRY!'? :=)

M. Rigmaiden said...

Glad to know your Father is doing well and that you are safe. Yeah, SUV's are good in inclement weather. We have an old jeep and have gone through serious rough patches while others suffer, so it is a good feeling isn't it?

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear