About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why The Military Will Side With Barry

If you've spent any time at my site, two things are pretty damn clear. First, I'm a patriot and a believer in both Christ and the Constitution. The second is that I believe with all of my heart that this once great nation is doomed to fall as a center of freedom. Because of this, I have become a true believer in secession as a means of survival for states that have not given over their belief in the sovereignty of each state. Part of me wants to puke when I think of what this nation has become. Part of me, truly, wishes that the federal government would take it's conflict with the American people to the next level and show their true colors so that Those few Americans that truly value freedom can at least go down swinging. As a result of what I see as inevitable, the armed conflict between statists in the government and patriots in the public, I believe in and am in the process of helping to build militia groups.

People ask me if I really believe that a militia can ever over throw the government and I respond in the negative every time. But then, overthrowing the government isn't the point. A true militia isn't planning on attacking the government, a true militia plans to help protect themselves and their community FROM the government. Usually, after I explain that to them, most respond with something like, do you really think that the Military would support such a move (consfiscating arms, martial law, suspension of habeas corpus, etc.) on the part of the government?

Of course I do. And here's why. During hurricane Katrina, the law enforcement agencies in New Orleans, supported by the state national guard, collected every LEGAL gun they could get a hold of inside the affected areas. IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT. The national guard helped. They aided and abetted the suspension of the citizens of Louisiana's civil rights. Why would they do that? I was a soldier at one time, and it comes down to training. Soldiers are not trained what the Constitution says, and we know that public school doesn't explain it, except maybe in terms that are favorable to statist agendas. They (military) are trained to obey. Simply that, obey with very little question and even less explanation. The questions of whether the action is justifiable under legal reasons very rarely if ever, enters the soldier, airman, marine, or sailor's mind.

Now, I found an article that explains it in more detail. Not the action specifically, but how people can be made to do things that they would otherwise be loath to do. A french experiment shows just what kind of sheep people truly are. Or rather the vast majority of them are. Read this and tell me what you think.

4 comments:

gramma2many said...

You know, Keith, I am a coward. Part of me hopes my life is over before things come to a head. I often think about if there were an uprising, would any of the military back the side of truth. I pray there are some who would. I also pray we are delivered from this evil without the need for civil war. It can and has happened before. I know though we must be ever vigilant.
PS. Got my census yesterday. Another violation of my civil rights. Have to go tell them how many people live in my house. Two. The end, census answered.

Greywolfe said...

Gramma, I understand exactly how you feel. I have said before that I have a war being waged within me. My christian half wishes for the rapture or just to lie down and die before my country finishes its death rattle. While my patriot side wants blood for the tresspasses the traitors in our midst have perpetrated.

They come together only in the desire to try to remain true to my obligations as a steward of this nation's liberty. Here, unlike any other place in history, power is held by the people. If we who know scripture and the truth of the fate of this country stand aside and let it happen, then we are very poor stewards for the great gift God has given us.

Honor and Duty are heavy burdens, especially when we fear that we will fail and fall regardless of our efforts. But we'll be rewarded later if we remain true.

Joe said...

I saw an episode of that game. Astonishing.

If Obamacare is pushed into law on Sunday, I believe that the Great Experiment is over.

At that point we will have to start over by whatever means necessary.

From the Declaration of Independence: "...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

But you already knew that.

Greywolfe said...

unfortunately joe, you're correct in every sentence. The experiment IS over and it is time that we reset it as proscribed in the Declaration. I wonder how many will be up to the task?

There are days when I really wish I was found to be wrong more often.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear