About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blogging Rant For The New Year

Well, it's been a Hell of a year end. My wife lost her mother and I started a new job after spending almost 5 months out of work thanks to my company going under. But that's old hat, so I won't be writing about that. Instead, I want to write about some of the things that are pissing me off the most right now. Conservatives.

Oh, that made some eye brows go up. Yes, conservatives are pissing me off, right now. Actually, they have been since the march on Washington this summer. It should have become apparent then that no amount of talking, phoning our congressmen or senators, or letter writing and demonstrations were going to do any good. Hell, check my posts for last April and I told you then that it wouldn't work. I've said this before, when a people loses their ability to have their voices heard they have to get their government's attention. There is a natural progression for this and I've run through that too. But the conservatives in this country seem to have lost their nerve. They called and wrote letters. They went to tea party rallies. They even squirled up the courage for the largest, and as far as I can tell, first conservative march on Washington, D.C.

And what did they have to show for all of it? Exactly nothing. They were ignored by those in power and those that carry their water. Not once have I heard a 9/12 group or Tea Party group talk about marching on the capitol building with intention of shutting it down. Or even to have a mass show of PEACEFUL force, by having everyone that went to the march on D.C. repeat it with a loaded dear rifle slung on their back. Loaded but not brandished. Nothing to get the point across. Now we are coming into the next election cycle and the optimism that I am reading from politically right wing blogs on the chances of taking the congress back is really starting to irritate me for its simplistic views.

Do I expect the GOP to pick up a few house seats and even bust the 60 vote majority of the Senate? Sure. Mid-term elections always go bad for the party in power. Will that allow the Republicans to remove what the Leftist have done? Of course not. Any bill that was put through to Barry would be summarily vetoed and no way could a 3/4ths majority be mustered to over-ride the veto. So, we and our future generations are still screwed.

And that's assuming that you expect the Libs to fight fair and actually let the voting process take a natural course. Every year the Leftists get better and better at rigging elections and perfecting how to get away with it. I would like to point out that the Black Panthers that tried to bully one precinct with weapons, was never prosecuted by the Federal or state governments. In November, we can expect much more of the same. And yet, I've not heard of one organization that has any plans to do more than roll over for it the way they did for that ass-hat comedian (alleged. Personally I've never laughed at a single one of his jokes) in the Senate.

We have lost that fire in our belly that told us we were a free people and that we would place that above our lives, our comforts, and our petty concerns for personal gain. We think that because we've marched and called and written letters, that these people are going to respect us and our opinion enough to turn around? Face the facts folks. The whole damned playhouse is busted. According to the Declaration of Independence, when a government has become tyrannical, it is the DUTY and OBLIGATION of the People to throw down that government and remake it to preserve our GOD-GIVEN rights.

At some point in the recent past, I have gone through a metamorphosis of a sort. I am still a patriot, I love this country. But I no longer hold any love or affection for the government in power. It is a bastardized half-image of what our Founders wanted. It must be remade. So, my prayers have changed from a returning of our government to the founders path, to a prayer for dissolving of the union through secession and a remaking of it. A Much more bloody path to be sure, but one that will ultimately be more effective at renewing the tree of liberty.

7 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Great blog. I pray that it is peaceful by God "fighting for us". When "God fights for us" - our enemies cannot stand before us. Remember Moses and "Let my people go!" There was no revolution or war - but rather Exodus under the protection and provision of God. I know a new nation is coming - I still pray that we peacefully secede.

Greywolfe said...

Suzie Q, thanks for commenting. And thank you for the uplifting comments. I really don't try to rain on optimism but in this case, I have to ask, based on our increased separation from God, what gives you the idea that He will deliver us from a prison of our own making? He didn't step in and give our founders a peaceful freedom, they had to bleed for it. And even then, it took no time at all for the people to start trying to emulate failed European governments and societies.

If he did deliver us from this mess without our having to fight for it, how much would we value it? "From time to time the Tree of liberty must be renewed with the blood of patriots and tyrants." It always takes a cost in blood and tears to make a people value their freedom. Without that cost, it would be much like the spoiled rich kid getting a new farrari for his 16th birthday. Here today, wrecked tomorrow.

No, where governments are concerned, and Freedom the stakes, blood is always the currency required. Our founders taught us that, but its a lesson that we have forgotten.

M. Rigmaiden said...

You are pissed. Happy New Year! Heh! I am smiling and feeling your post with pain in my heart at the same time. You know, when I look at the course of my life on this planet, I've seen the government disenfranchise the people little by little and now they don't even try to hide their disdain for our personal liberties!

The attack on the plane by that Nigerian boy really gave the government more ammo to treat airline passengers like common criminals. People on the news were saying "Well I'll give up more freedoms if it means catching terrorists". So many of us have blindly accepted authority, but I have learned that authority is an earned quantity.

Governments derive their authority from the consent of the governed. Unfortunately, many of us humans have turned into sheep.

I told my liberal loved ones that Obama, McCain and the lot of the Dems and Gopers were corrupt because they voted to give OUR money to banks which turned around and sued people and lined their own pockets meanwhile we're broke as a people! When I explained the impact of these decisions, many people turn their head in dismay then change the subject.

When confronted with the truth, some of us still will conform because we are too terrified of breaking our perceived stability.

I don't know what else to say but God help us all. Pray for strength of purpose and character. When I get really mad sometimes, I pray for God to release the anger and hatred in my heart because I don't want to become evil like those whose actions I despise so much.

The best thing you can do on a practical level is to educate your loved ones; those that will listen and build yourself a sustainable abode, as off the grid as possible. The more of us who do that, the less the minions of evil will have control in our lives...

M. Rigmaiden said...

BTW, Congrats on the new job. I know grinding sucks, but at least you are employed;)

Greywolfe said...

Disa, as always, I love to have you come by and leave comments. Thanks first for the props for the new job, but I may have given the wrong impression. Other than the long hours, I have never been happier being in another man's employ.

My Boss is probably more like me hen is wise, he and I are looking to found a local state militia when the heavy season for his business closes down this spring. Constitutional education will be it's major function. That and a preparing for what is to come.

As to your other comment, you said that some of us still conform even when faced with the truth for fear of breaking our percieved stabiltiy... Truer words were never spoken. But this must be understood, many years ago, a man once said, "If you are not with me, then you are against me."

Another said, "Those that would give up freedom for security deserve neither."

Under normal circumstances, I would just shake my head at people like that and move on, but we have already seen the government try to get people to snitch on each other, and going from conformity to openly aiding the Barry government is not a long trip.

Just a thought to remember. As for your recommendation on education of my loved ones. That has been and continues to be one of my largest priorities. However, the only real aid that I see it gaining is if (read WHEN) the time comes that the Feds force another war between the states, my family will understand and support my reasons for fighting.

As little as a couple years ago, I'd be horrified at the thought of an open war inside the U.S. Now I find myself praying some state takes the lead and secedes, forcing the government's hand.

M. Rigmaiden said...

Hey GW, I feel you and am so very happy that you enjoy your job. The same cannot be said for many. You not only have a job, but a job that you like. God is smiling upon you:) As to education, you would be surprised how many people listen when you don't think you are getting through; even if they may not be intended targets of your information;) You say you hope some states cede; I wonder about that sometimes myself.


The most important thing for me is the safety and well being of my SON, Husband and dog. To that end a lot of people get scared about taking action because they don't want to disrupt their family lives. But at some point, we will have no family life independent of the state UNLESS we take action. Let me know how it goes with the militia. I admire you for that. After all; all governments NEED a check and balance system. Militias can provide that...

Joe said...

I have hoped and prayed that it would not come to this, but to this it has come.

Those in power serve for power's sake only and it is time to remove them, Democrat or Republican, by whatever means necessary.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear