About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Day America Shouted: And The Rulers Were Deaf


All day, I flipped from Fox News to MSNBC and ABC and then over to CNN and back again. I must admit that I will always regret not being able to attend that protest rally. The reasons for which I may go into at length, at some point in the future. But this day is not about my problems. Rather it is about the incredible spectacle in Washington D.C. today.
I was overjoyed at the pictures coming from Fox News and the positive note the coverage was using to pass the word. At the same time, I must admit that the other networks didn't really disappoint either. I flipped over to MSNBC just in time to hear the info-babe ask the reporter on site if there had been any rowdiness that resulted in any arrests. He was very honest in his reporting despite the info-babes attempts to lead the story down a false trail. He maintained that it was spirited but lawful. Even jubilant at times.
I will say that when CNN tried to cover the march and try to tie in Joe Wilson she was drowned out with chants of "Tell The Truth" and "Glenn Beck" and "No More Lies". At the very end she asks the crowd their opinion of Rep. Wilson and got a thunderous approval in return. Apparently, the coverage that CNN has given tea party protesters in the past has left a lasting bad taste in their mouths.
The fact that so many folks from every walk of life took time and money out from their busy life to gather and march with the intention of taking our nation back says a lot for the level of commitment present in America today. That is the good news. I am, unfortunately, here to post the truth that is starting to come to light about the affect that this march that totaled anywhere from 1.7 to 2 million people is actually having on our government.
First, I think it is important to note that the alleged president took the opportunity to get as far away from D.C. as possible to hold his own taxpayer funded event to attempt to counter the D.C. protest march. And from the parts of it that I watched, put himself in dead on opposition to everything the people at that march was saying.

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear