About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 My Tribute



















This morning I am watching Fox News' coverage of the horrid attacks that we survived on Sept. 11, 2001. I am trying to write this through tear filled eyes as I listen to them recount the names of the casualties of the World Trade Center attack. Every year, I've tried very hard to remember this day, to never make it just another day. Once again, I will try to do honor to those that died and those that willingly sacrificed themselves in a Pennsilvania field to keep the terrorists from succeeding in another attack. God bless those patriotic warriors that retook flight 93 and crashed it in an open field instead of the Whitehouse as was thought to be the planned target.





As I relive in my mind the thoughts and emotions that I felt, I am forced to look at the state of America and the changes that have taken place in our society since that day. I am trying very hard to keep my anger in check for those that have willingly forgotten these sacrifices. We must always be mindful that we have enemies that hate us and want to attack us for no other reason than that we live a life that they can only dream of. They harbor venom and bile in their hearts and will strike out at us. These must be hunted, they must be found, confronted, and finally destroyed. We must be true to those that have gone before and given their all.

I would like to bring it home to you, my friends that we must renew our resolve to destroy those that would mean us harm. We must resolve ourselves to support those troops and members of our intelligence community that have kept us from further attacks over the last 8 years. We owe them a debt that we cannot repay. Let us not take them for granted and let us not persecute those who have done that which had to be done to keep us from more death here and abroad.


God bless you my countrymen. God keep you and make your resolve fast. Our vigil is not done, and our fight goes on. God Bless those that have gone before, both victim and warrior. Your sacrifices are not in vain. We WILL remember.

7 comments:

Miradena said...

Great post, GW - September 11th will never be "just another day" to any true American, despite the Obama Administration's attempts to gloss over our memories of these tragic events and replace them with a National Day of Service. "These dead shall not have died in vain. And this nation shall have a new birth of freedom." (Abraham Lincoln)

defiant_infidel said...

Thanks for your remembrance and respect to those we lost that day, Sir... and to those we have lost and will continue to lose in our battle to exterminate the cancer. I remain angry at not just the enemy, but also those who empower the enemy with their short memory. And I make no effort to curb my anger, today or tomorrow.

Bless your faith and diligence.

Joe said...

I remember the day with a heavy heart and a deep resolve to do everything I can to keep this and other historically significant days (Pearl Harbor, Normandy, Okinawa, etc.) fresh in our memories.

President BO proclaims this a "National Day of Service and Remembrance," with "service" first.

What an outrage!!

What on earth do events that will "take place in all 50 states, ranging from food drives and home repairs to neighborhood cleanups" have to do with remembering 9/11?

I hope and pray that those who died in New York, at the Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania did not die in vain.

da patriot said...

Wonderful post, Greywolfe. It is the desire of some, and we know who they are, who would have America forget what these barbarians did on 9/11/2001, and worst, to forget about the heroic acts of the patriots on flight 93. The fact that 'Patriot's Day' is now a 'National Day of Service and Remembrance' is a big step in that direction. Saying 'Patriot's Day' brings those things to mind as soon as the sound of it reaches the ears. Saying 'National Day of Service and Remembrance' is so generic that all that it should bring to mind about this day is lost in it's utterance. It is a travesty.

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

Thank you for the remembrance. We cannot forget lest it happen again. We must renew the resolve even if those who claim to be our leaders do not! Those who perished eight years ago deserve our continued vigilance and committment to destroy the evil that killed them that day.

Those who have sacrificed defending freedom also deserve our support and committment to the goal of NEVER letting this happen again.

Greywolfe said...

Guys and Gals, Patriot friends, and fellow followers of our Founders, you have no idea how glad I am to know that you are out there and are visiting.

It has taken me a while to get up the fortitude to respond back to your posts because this is a very hard day for me. Has been for the last 8 years and I do not see it getting better until the war is done and the ghosts of those that were taken can rest knowing that we saw justice done.

I will be posting later today about the march on DC that is planned. I hope to have some good picture feeds and at least one report from on site.

On Monday, I am asking all of my friends to come back here to respond to a request I'll have for you. I am in need of assistance and support in an endeavor. I don't want to go into it now as there are Great things happening that deserve our attention. Please tune in here monday, and please put out the word to your friends that I'll be asking for wisdom and aid and would appreciate all the help you can muster for me.

defiant_infidel said...

I can guarantee you that myself and my writing partner, Miradena, will be stopping in to see what's happening, Greywolfe.

Can't imagine that Obambam wandered off to Minneapolis to a mere cupful of 15,000 or so when a couple of million folks stopped in to have lunch with him at home... Go figure.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear