About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random Thoughts and Events

First the good part of today. I took my children to see the sequel Transformers movie. What can I say about it? It was a fun movie with spectacular special effects and a LOT of humor. Some of it was a bit much for youth under 13, but it was truly a great watch. Especially when they portray Barry as the coward that he is by having him trying to negotiate with the Decepticons. It's hillarious. I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Now the bad news. South Carolina's Governor has further illustrated why it's becoming apparent that from one coast to the other, its time to fire all leadership and start over. I will give him credit for this, he came clean without trying to lay blame on some vast conspiracy or trying to parse the meaning of the word "is". Unfortunately, I think he needs to resign as Governor. He's tainted by the fact that he abandoned his post without taking steps to protect the state in case of emergency.

Barry had his first, in my opinion, tough Q&A in a press briefing. What I have heard from him is more limp wristed remarks concerning the travesty of human rights continuing to unfold in Iran. Also, he's dialing up the pressure on Congress to pass his suicidal Healthcare reform. He has, I noticed, decided that since he can't win the debate in D.C. he's going to start running out the carnival side show using horror stories to bypass the American intellect and go straight for the unthinking heart. It's one of the oldest, and unfortunately, most successful ploys the libs use.

And lastly, it looks as if the global climate bill will pass. This is probably one of the worst ideas that has ever come before Congress, and I suspect will cause us to go further into recession/depression.

Things are looking dark for us right now and I really don't see any way to save the Civil Society as long as the power dynamic remains as it is. Good luck folk. Keep your powder dry and God bless you.

2 comments:

RaDena said...

We're keeping our powder dry here, Greywolfe. You can be sure of that!

Thanks for the movie recommendation. I didn't watch the Original Transformer, so I guess I should order it first.

As you so rightly said, things are looking dark for us, and they seem to be getting darker every day. It really makes me glad we live out in the boondocks. Let us pray this Cap and Trade idiocy doesn't pass. and "good luck" to you too!

Joe said...

We have to be as active as we can to change the dynamic!

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear