About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Friday, May 8, 2009

True Universal Health Care

What conservative values do you think it's worth fighting and dying for? Gun rights? That's a no brainer. Right to free speech? Duh. How about the right to practice our religion as we see fit? Of course. But I've got a story to tell you that shows what trued conservatives DO not just say, when one of their own is in trouble. Let's see if you can find this kind of story in L.A. or N.Y.

Here in Oklahoma there is a woman that was diagnosed with a malignant tumor in her brain. They performed surgery to remove it and could only get 70% as she started having complications. The rest is to be attacked using chemo and radiation. Here's the kicker, she doesn't have insurance. (queue the Obama music) (wait, never mind) Instead of waiting and begging the government to come to this woman's aid, a friend of hers decided he would take matters into his own hands. Over a three week period he and a friend set up a fund raising picnic in their town. Each donated a full pig from their farms to this endeavor. One is for the whole hog roast and the other is to be raffled off (the meat processor is donating his time to process the animal). I'm going although I do not know the woman. I am moved by what true conservatives are led to do for each other. They don't wait for the government to step in, they roll up their sleeves and get busy themselves.

This is the mark of a true Conservative. They give to each other out of love and generosity. Not because some government agency came and took what they have at gunpoint to give to someone else. Liberals will find this an archaic idea. After all, the government exists (in their mind) to take care of us and see to our needs. This is not OUR way. The compassion that a Liberal feels is false, as it comes from a sense of self-superior guilt. The compassion that comes from the Conservative is based upon true love for his neighbor, and a desire to give a little back. This is the reason why charitable giving is so much higher in Conservatives than Liberals.

God bless this man and his friend for what they are doing. God bless this woman and heal her infirmity.

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Of course, when BHO speaks of "community," he doesn't mean this kind of community -- people who put their shoulder to the wheel and help a neighbor.

Greywolfe said...

AOW, no he doesn't. His idea of Community is ACORN browbeating people into giving up something so some deadbeat doesn't have to go to work.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear