About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

State of Affairs

A couple of definitions for you to mull over:


states·man (stāts′mən)

noun pl. statesmen -·men (-mən) a person who shows wisdom, skill, and vision in conducting state affairs and dealing with public issues, or one engaged in the business of government.


poli·ti·cian (päl′ə tish′ən)

noun -
1. a person actively engaged in politics, esp. party politics, professionally or otherwise; often, a person holding or seeking political office: frequently used in a derogatory sense, with implications of seeking personal or partisan gain, scheming, opportunism, etc.
2. a person skilled or experienced in practical politics or political science

I've had a bee of an idea buzzing around my head and bothering me for most of today. Our problem in society is that at some point in the last 100 years, Statesmen have become extinct and the politicians have started running things. No longer do we have a vision or do we have men of character charting our course.

Many times I have referenced our founders and found their wisdom in founding this nation, both wise and far seeing. I admit that they had faults, the more I research our founding the more foibles I find. But their wisdom in creating this government, even to the intense disagreements between Federalists and Anti-federalists, has been proven to be valid and timeless. How I long for a moral leader to stand up and take the reigns of this nation. Are all of the bloodlines of Madison, Jackson, Jefferson, and Washington dead? Is there no one of passion and conviction for the Foundations of this nation, still breathing?

If I could find a man of the strength of character of even the least of our Founders he would be twice the man as anyone that has held national public office in 100 years. I long for a leader to call on the nation to relearn what this country was founded on. Liberty. Not the amoral freedoms of the Libertarians and not the lawlessness of the anarchists. True liberty, where man is free to make those choices that will increase his standard of living and allow for the pursuit of happiness without fetter from the government.

Our founders wanted a unified society that was free to pursue the goals of the individual and thereby enhancing the lives and livelihood of the whole. We have strayed far from their path. I hope that a leader arises to bring us back on course soon. Otherwise, it may be too late for a useful and meaningful attempt.

Thank you all for your support and patronage. God bless all of you and God bless this Republic

5 comments:

LUCKY said...

When I think of Statesmen only a few living men come to mind. A wonderful legislator that I met from Oklahoma is on that list. He is one of your state senators anmed Randy Brogdan and is an absolutly wonderful man rooted in conservative principles.

I can also think of 6 or 7 legislators here in Utah that I would label as statesmen.

I think one of the best ways that would could help to decrease the societal leeches that politicians are would be to create constitutionaly mandated term limits on all elected offices.

I think allowing people to make a carrer out of public office is what makes it corrupt. At the end of their term they shoudl also have to prove that they were not corrupt in anyway. I think that this is one time where they should be guilty until proven innocent. Maybe its just because I think almost all politicians are dirty, money grabbers.

I conclude with a song that just came to mind by Charlie Daniels,

"Well the eagle's been flying slow, and the flag's been flying low, and alot of people are saying that America's fixing to fall.

But speaking just for me and some people in Tennessee, we got a thing or two to tell you all.

This lady may have stumbled but she ain't never fell.

And if the World don't believe that they can all go straight to hell. We're gonna put her feet back on the path of righteousness and then God Bless America again.

And you never did think that it ever would happen again. In America, did you? You never did think that we'd ever get togather again. Well we damn sure fooled you.

We're walking real proud and we're talking real loud again in America. You never did think it that it ever would happen again.

From the sound up in Long Island out to San Francisco Bay, and ev'ry thing thats in between them is our home. And we may have done a little bit of fighting amongst ourselves, but you outside people best leave us alone. Cause we'll all stick togather and you can take that to the bank.

That's the cowboys and the hippies and the rebels and the yanks. You just go and lay your hand on a Pittsburgh Steeler fan and I think you're gonna finally understand.

And you never did think that it would ever happen again.

Gramma 2 Many said...

How about you? They were all just men of the times as you are a man of our times.

Greywolfe said...

Lucky, thanks for the stop in. I am becoming an ardent fan of Mr. Brogdon. He's got some interesting ideas as to what to do with the stimulus money that the Federal government is forcing down the states' throats.

Gramma, I love you, I really do. And as much as I would love to try and make a difference in a more public mode, there are a couple of things stopping me. One is the elites that currently run the election process. If you aren't groomed for the races, you don't get in. And the second obsticle is my wife. She's intensely private and not at all interested in public life. So, I'll write and if I get the opportunity I'll get on the radio. I'll do what I can with the gifts God has loaned me.

WomanHonorThyself said...

I hope that a leader arises to bring us back on course soon. Otherwise, it may be too late for a useful and meaningful attempt...amen Greywolf!!!:)

Z said...

I'm trying to think of 3 statesmen in congress.







still thinking.............:-(

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear