About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Semi-Regular Rant

Good evening to all and sundry. Or it would be a good evening if I could just concentrate on My Lord this Easter. Instead, I'm reading the news and wondering how much more evil from my own government I can take before my head explodes. I've used three rolls of duct tape and I can still feel the pressure building.



From Justice Ginsburg's justification of sighting FOREIGN law in U.S. Constitutional cases to Reports that Obama's defense lawyers are threatening sanctions against anyone that files lawsuits to see Barry's real birth certificate.



We've got the Government taking over our private industries and financial systems, Obama doing what no other President in history has ever done, bowing to another nation's sovereign king, then lying through his teeth (or rather his spokesman's teeth) about it. And his pissing on the Declaration of Independance by giving a foreign board power over U.S. companies.

Now, we've got backdoor legislation being introduced to curb the 2nd amendment and yet another amnesty bill getting ready to head to congress, this year. No matter what the conservative belief, Barry's hell bent on attacking it.



He's racked up a pretty hefty debt and promised (well not directly, but it amounts to the same thing) to triple it in 9 years as his budget priorities start getting passed. And paying for it by increasing taxes on everyone. For those of you that smoke, how do you like that 128% jump in taxes on your cancer sticks? Tell me that isn't a tax increase on low income folks.



We've had hundreds of "Tea Parties" and the only major outlet covering them is FoxNews. Granted, they are the leader in ratings, but it doesn't change the fact that NO ONE in the government or the Presiden'ts office has even bothered to respond to the premise of these parties.



If dialogue and discourse fail, what is our next step? If we are ignored do we just keep having tea parties? Has anyone thought about the next step? Or does everyone involved in this use it like a therapist's chair. "I just need to get this off my chest. Won't you sit and listen?" Then after it's over they all go back to their homes, jobs, and unfair taxes with the moral superiority for having "stood up to the government". Nothing changes. No one in the government even seems to notice.

The whole thing reminds me of when my oldest son was a baby. We would tell him to do something or tell him "no" about something and he'd sit in the floor and scream or cry and we'd just go about our business. If we didn't give him the attention he wanted, he finally got tired of it and started doing something else. I think that's what the government is doing to us, ignoring us and hoping that we just go away. Trouble is, in the past, they were right.

I keep asking, what next? The silence is deafening.

2 comments:

Z said...

GREAT post...Mr and Mrs Z laughed through the whole first paragraph...though I know you don't mean it to be funny.
Mr. Z just corrected you "I don't think we can call this 'government' anymore...if you mean government as in 'people having influence'" He has a point.

God BLESS you and your family this Holy Easter Sunday, Greywolfe...we know how you feel and we're with you.
But, today...rest in Our Lord!!
That's an order! (Smile)

xxx Mr and Mrs. Z (Glad you found Defiant Infidel blog, they don't blog enough, but they ROCK, two of the nicest, most precious people i know)

Miradena said...

Greywolfe -
G'head. You rant, I'll rave;) Excellent summary of all that is unholy. I had to chuckle at the (all too familiar)description of your son as a baby. It reminded me of a time when my youngest daughter was 3, playing Hide and Seek. She would sit on the floor and cover her eyes when it was her turn to hide. She figured - if she couldn't see us - we couldn't see her! I suppose that is the equivalent of a Liberal who is content to turn a blind eye. The only difference is - when my daughter turned 4, she outgrew it!

A-ha, it looks like I am following the footsteps of Lady Z! And I can think of no better person to lead a parade:) Blessings to you, on this glorious day!

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear