About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Great Ideas Are Not New. Neither Are The Horrible

I was perusing the different blogs that I frequent and came accross this and got myself turned on to a great man of the last century that had it more right than wrong.


I don't know of a better way to argue the defense of free markets than this man has. I find it hard to believe that I have reached the age I have without learning about this man before now. But I'll definately be studying up on him now.

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Well said.

Greed is a relative term in many respects. One can rarely perceive one's own greed but easily finds it in someone else.

da patriot said...

Excellent! Milton Friedman nailed it. Necessity may be the mother of invention,but greed is certainly the father. If it were not for greed we would not have much of what we now consider to be modern marvels. If it were not for greed we would not mave much of what we now consider modern conveniences. And if it were not for greed we would not have the budding tyrants now in control of our government.

WomanHonorThyself said...

yup..excellent!

Joe said...

Friedman was an economist of the highest order. Very few like him exist today...almost none.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear