About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Doom And Gloom: Is This The End of America?

I was looking around to try to find something GOOD to write about. I haven't really written much myself because I've been in sort of a melt down period. I mean, how much evil can a person take in before they either burn out or have to take a break. So, other than looking at a few others' blogs and commenting there or cross posting from places that I frequent, I haven't written anything original. So tonight, I thought I'd give it a try and see what I could come up with.

So, as I said, I got online tonight and tried to find something that was uplifting. Some piece of good news that would light a small candle of hope in this otherwise depressingly vast blackness that has become the American future. And what have I found? Have I found any signs that our national leaders have decided to turn their course and put us back on the narrow path? No. Have I found that people have started initiatives to recall elected leaders and replace them? No.

Instead, what I find are articles like this one that I found on the Drudge Report:Paper: Is this the end of America? There are many things that I agree with in this article but it is rather shallow in its scope. Or this one,Obama Refocuses on Budget, Wants Priorities Passed , from Newsmax.com. The problem here is that the priorities that he wants are the exactly opposite things that need to be done in order to bring our economy back. The bottom line is that in the next 10 years we are looking at a 9.3 trillion dollar deficit with his priorities. Even the Congressional Accounting Office says that that is unsustainable.

I did however, find this little gem. I may have found a new hero! "Man critical of Obama case judge visited by marshals'I told your Gestapo goons we had nothing to talk about'" this one was found in WorldNetDaily. First off, I love the fact that this man from D.C., arguably the most liberal cities in the country, has the unmitigated nerve to stand up to not only a federal judge but two U.S. Marshalls that come knocking. This guy is great! However, there is a certain foreshadowing of events to come in this piece. The fact that they showed up to harass this man for a letter that made no threats against the judge, for the sole purpose of shutting him up, is distressing. As well as the threats against the lawyer mentioned in the paper, by the self same judge. This kind of thing is going to get worse. Hell, I am sometimes surprised I haven't gotten a visit or call, considering some of the topics that I am unabashed in writing about.

And if any of you know me you know that I have come to respect Joel C. Rosenberg as a writer and as a Prophecy scholar. Also, he has extensive experience with Middle Eastern religions and Governments as he previously worked with several U.S. and Israeli leaders, including Steve Forbes, former Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Natan Sharansky, and former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. In his weblog he makes a very interesting point. A point that I have seen on very few TV programs, no printed media, and only mentioned on one or two radio programs: INSIDE THE REVOLUTION: PRESIDENT OBAMA APPEALS TO LEADERS OF IRAN, BUT IGNORES THEIR END TIMES THEOLOGY.

If you look at anything from only one perspective you blind yourself to what path the world is truly on. So many in our society only look at topics from one perspective. Usually this boils down to "victim" or "perp" points of view. But, you have to start looking, not only at action/reaction points of view, but at causality. WHY does Iran do what they do? What is behind it? Why does Obama do what he does? What beliefs fuel his agenda?

The title of this blog asks "Is this the end of America?" In many ways, yes it is. For those that are repelled by the idea of armed uprising in this country, I suspect this is going to be a very sad place for you before Pres. Obama ends his presidency. For those of us that view the Bill of Rights as a near sacred body of work, this too, shall be a very sad place in the very near future. For those of us that find ourselves looking to the eastern sky as more and more prophecy is fulfilled, our days of sadness are numbered. That is probably the only bright thing that I can offer here.

If you are a Christian, I am glad for you. I hope that you brace yourself with His Word. Gird yourself with the full armor of God and arm yourself with knowledge. If you are not a Christian, I pray that you open the Bible and look at it with an open mind. Here's a few points that you should look at: first, EVERY major religion excepts the premise that Jesus of Nazareth was born and died just as the new testament says. And of everyone who could be proven to have lived, only Jesus ever fulfilled the messianic prophecies. More and more prophecy is becoming clear. And I don't think that anyone who is a believer will deny that the bedrock of the church is under more fire than at any other time in our nation's founding. This isn't just a concerted attack from non-believers, either. This is the attack from false teachers that was prophesied. Christian principles are being watered down and the idea of "sin" is being obfuscated by moral relativists.

Thanks for coming by and to those that have added my blog to your rolls, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Joe said...

"...in the next 10 years we are looking at a 9.3 trillion dollar deficit..."

Back when this bail-out stuff first came to light, everyone was predicting that it would cost 1.5trillion dollars.

I was ridiculedby a couple of lefties when I wrote that it would be more like $3 trillion.

Turns out it will be more than three times that amount!

I guess I missed it.

Keep the faith, brother...I loved your closing remarks.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

03 23 09

GW:
Don't get depressed. Recall what Jesus said about the flowers not worrying. We just have to be strong during this time and TAKE ACTION in our personal lives and in our communities. Do you have a garden? Do you have a loving family? Do you believe in your principles and have you found other like minds? If so, these are things to be happy about.

If I only dwelled on the sad stuff, I would have no will to live.

I am not saying to ignore reality, more or less to acknowledge it, take appropriate action then move onto loving your family and friends and be the best person you can be.

We have power as citizens and need to exercise it, and it starts at home and in our cities and towns.

I just went to BloZeps site to read this letter from his Grandfather to his recently deceased Father. Words of wisdom.

On another note, I fully agree that Christian principles are under fire. It is difficult for me living in California because so much of the Word is violated in this state as a matter of course and law that it is hard to see what is 'right' anymore.

Now is the time to focus on family, community and country. Do you let off steam by writing to your Congressmen? Not that it makes a difference, but I do. It allows me to feel like I am taking action.

Keep the faith, things will get better in time. I don't know if that will be in my lifetime or yours BUT I pray that things are better for my son and his children.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear