About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave? Ya still think?

I was sitting here listening to my talk radio favorites and hear this question asked. Wow, this is a question that sends the pressure in my head spiking to explosive levels. I do believe that there is still individual bravery. If we didn't wouldn't have such a successful military in this country. However, I also believe that as a society, we've become lazy cowards. We're lazy in that we want the government to come to our aid in every aspect of our lives. Our farmers want the Government to subsidize them and artificially drive up the prices to increase the demand for their goods. Social Security and Medicare have become institutional and untouchable. Welfare and Social Services have the right to tell parents what to do in every aspect of their family life.

As for the loss of bravery in America... Well, all I can say is that when the super bowl has more viewers than people who vote in local, state, and federal elections, and at the same time, polls show that the nation is a center-right nation that believes in the greatness of our founders and the Constitution, I can only say that either we, as a nation, believe we can't win so we don't fight, or we are just plain lazy and willing to let someone else do our fighting. Either way, to me, it's a form of cowardice.

Liberals will say that with the power shift of the last 2 election cycles prove that they are the majority. No that only proves that the silent majority is remaining home and silent. So I ask you, how can we re-instill bravery and self-sacrifice into our national soul? How can we take back our country and make this once again a land of the free and home of the brave?

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear