About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, January 3, 2009

And the Handouts Continue

Well, as I sat here and scanned through the news this morning I found a couple of headlines that made my head want to burst. Right now I'm up to a half roll of duct tape, trying to hold it together. STEEL INDUSTRY WANTS GOV'T MONEY... and this little gem, Treasury to mull more CITI-style rescues... . And if those don't roast your chestnuts, how's this little slice of heaven, Government aid could save newspapers, spark debate... . What the hell?!? exactly when is the government going to shut down the printing presses and try to save our country instead of putting band aids on everything? It's bad enough, if you consider how far in hock they have put our children, grand children, etc etc... Now they're talking about bailing out more people.

Jesus Christ on a crutch!!! Don't these people realize that every time they do this kind of thing they further devalue the dollar? Are they so blind that they don't know they are killing our economy with kindness? Or, if you will permit me to put on my government conspiracy theorist hat, is it a scheme to do exactly that? It's no secret that the libs don't like the fact that we are (or were) so strong as to be the sole superpower in the world. Could this be a way to a: knock us down a peg. and b: to usher in the fabled "North American Union". Makes you wonder.

On the other hand, if you have read some of my recent posts on my opinions of what is happening in reference to scripture, you might start nodding your head and think this is destined to happen. Well, no matter what side of the pan we fall out of, we'll still be in the fire.

Here's my opinion on how to survive this: Convert all that you can safely to gold, buy a really good rifle and ammunition. A good pistol is a great idea too. buy yourself a tiller and prepare to provide and protect yourself. A couple of good books on survival tactics wouldn't go too far amiss either.

Happy New Year! Yay! (pukes in the corner)

12 comments:

Grace Explosion said...

Happy New Year. You seem to feel the same way I do 'bout things. :)

Grace.

Chuck said...

Greywolfe, the states wnat 1 trillion dollars (with a T). I was just at another site and did some crude math. As close as I can figure, and I'm likley short, the bailouts just so far are amounting to 20 - 25,000 dollars per taxpayer if the states get theirs. How can we get the economy going if the people that are supposed to spend us out of this mess are getting stuck with this tab?

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

I also understand that a bailout is planned for failing newspapers, whose failure has NOTHING to do with a slow economy but bad papers.

Bamdaid cures started with FDR and ever since then the government motto has been, " I am stuck on band aids and band aid' stuck on me ! "

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

I agree, a monster has been created.

9/10=ZERO said...

I am reminded of a quote..."What luck for rulers that men do not think." Adolf Hitler.

In my up coming class on "American Federal Government" I get to write a powerpoint presentation on a Federal Agency. I have to tell what cabinet position it reports to, how it was created, and who has oversight. The odd thing is, the Federal Reserve is on the list. This should be fun.

Greywolfe said...

9/10.. Welcome and well met. Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Thank you guys that are regulars too. It's nice to know that I am not alone.

Joe said...

OK...OK...where's my piece of the government hand-out?

Soon the government will take 100% of all we earn and decide how much of it each of us should get, depending on the "importance" of the "work" we do.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

01 07 09

GW: You know how I feel about all of these handouts. They are Unconstitutional and plumb unethical and IMMORAL. Yes IMMORAL!!!

My husband, me and my brother recently cleared out a large portion of our back yard for the garden. We are also cultivating an indoor garden. Now it is for necessity.

You might like the site called prisonplanet.org . Some of the stuff really seems to jibe with your thoughts.

As to the gun, ammo and food stores, I am with you. I only wish I owned land in a higher altitude cuz the mountains are where I want to hide out. But oh well, I will take my suburban tract home and wok with that. After all, I am blessed to still own it with my husband, Lord knows.

Greywolfe said...

Hey Disa! Glad to see you again. Here's the three biggest problems for you and yours as I see it. First, you live in Californication. Second, you live in Californication. And Third...nope this one is different, you can't farm in high altitudes. Not a long enough growing season for most crops. And the rarified air stunts the plants' growth.

To clarify the two first points, and it wasn't all sarcasm, Your state government will seek to over adjust for the lack of money by taking more and more from its people to GIVE to it's people. Doesn't make much sense but it's the pattern that has been followed so far.

And second, You have more thugs, criminals, and illegals per capita than any other state in the union. If, or more accurately, when things go south, they will not play nice. Come to Oklahoma. I promise you gangs and Mexican nationals will have a rough time causing a lot of trouble here. Too many rednecks that shoot back. And we hit what we aim at. It's not Tennessee but it's the next best thing.

Also, prices are still sky high out there, so I'd sell something and try to put away a little gold. As the ad says, it's never been worth nothing.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

01 08 09

Hello GW:
Yeah. You are right. Since I lack the resources to make a cross country trip to Oklahoma, please pray for me and mine in CA. Yes if I lived in the mountains, I would most likely farm indoors. The Eastern Sierras are rough, you are right about the difficulty of cultivating produce at those altitudes. But indoor gardens will become more popular and easier to manage as this thing progresses. We will likely plant within the month in our outdoor garden and in the indoor garden too!

Since I live in the Central Valley, at least the soil here is good for growing. Yes, where I live, we have a lot of transplants from your neck of the woods. My best friend years ago called herself an 'Okie'.

Other than this stuff, I hope you are doing well. Please take care:)

WomanHonorThyself said...

good post...Hussein O will steal as much as he can with his corrupt congress!

Z said...

Anybody know where America went?

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear