About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Stage Is Set For Magog's War

I'm pretty sure that every one knows that, when it comes to this nation, I'm a warrior in my bones. That almost goes without saying if you read my blogs or know me personally. However, I have a faith in the Lord that overshadows my love for this nation like an old oak over a banzai tree. As much as I love this country, I have to admit that no where in the bible can I find any reference to America, even in abstract, in any prophecy. So, what does that mean, exactly? Well, for me, it means two things: First, it means that at some point this dear country will fail and pass away. This is the way of all societies and it will happen here also. If you look at the events that have overtaken our nation and economy this last year or so, you and I, probably, have decided that that end is coming soon. Or will, if our course is not changed soon. And second, our failure as a nation removes the last superpower and paves the way for the next phase in prophecy.

The thing that all Christians look forward to is the second coming of Christ, and the rapture of the church, of course. However, there are a lot of dark things coming before any of that can come to pass. And before any of the tribulation prophecies is the prophecy of the war of Gog and Magog, in the book of Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39. It speaks of Magog attacking Israel with the help of many nations. Among them Persia, or modern day Iran.

It sets the historical "season" by saying in ezek. 38:8 "After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste; but its people were brought out from the nations, and they are living securely, all of them."

Who is Magog? Well, the prophecy in Eze. 38: 2 names the "prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal". Identifying these names has been very difficult until now because there were no names in former history to relate these names to. However, we have today two cities that look and sound very much like these two names. In the case of "Meshech",Moscow. In the case of "Tubal", Tobolsk. And in the case of "Rosh", Russia. There are many scholars today who feel that these are accurate transliterations of these names. Identification of these three names is further strengthened by the fact that Eze.38:15 states the geographic location of them--the land of the north. If one takes a world map and draws a line north starting at Jerusalem, the line will proceed straight through Moscow.

Also, Ezekiel 38 uses the specific name of this northern commander to come against Israel in the latter years. The name of this commander that will attack Israel is the "prince of Rosh" in verse two. It doesn't call for the Soviet Union, but 'Rosh". Arguably, this prophetic stage was set when the Soviet empire started to collapse. The Soviet Union was forced to give up many of its satellite countries and the Soviet Union ceased to exist. What is left today is Russia, and it is Russia, or "Rosh", that is predicted to come against Israel, not the Soviet Union! The prophetic stage is perfectly set now as far as this name is concerned.

The good news is that the good guys win. But here's the thing to watch for. All nations that attack Israel will be destroyed utterly by fire. Not just their armies, but every city, town and village. They will be obliterated completely.

My honest belief is that this is coming very soon. The stage is being set by our downfall and the continuing military and economic accords between Russia and Iran (Rosh and Persia?). Not to mention the other supporting countries that are still in tight with Russia and Iran. The next few years are going to be very interesting for Greywolfe, the Christian warrior. And very scary for Greywolfe, the patriot.

God bless you all and I hope this is food for thought. I felt that since this week brings a celebration of the first coming of the Messiah. I'd give my little glimpse into what is coming that leads to His return.

Good night and may the Lord watch over all of you.

5 comments:

The Liberal Lie The Conservative Truth said...

I have thought on these same lines my friend. It does pose somewhat of a conflict between Christian and patriot as you mentioned.

I have been wondering to, just how Obama plays into this. My thoughts have been running along the line as to whether he is the catylist that brings this all into being or at least the front runner for the catylist.

Merry Christmas my friend from one who understands who the REAL Messiah is!

Greywolfe said...

Amen, and Merry Christmas to you also, my friend.

WomanHonorThyself said...

indeed!..and have a fabulous, blessed holiday my friend!:)

Grace Explosion said...

Hi,

America is the land on the seas of Revelation 13 and 18. Obama is the 666 beast. God calls the Christians out of the USA in Rev. 18. In Rev. 12 - we see the Christian nation that came out of the Rev. 18 Babylon.

I think the USA is in scripture.

Happy New Year.

Greywolfe said...

Thanks guys for your comments. Grace, I'll not give Barry the dubious honor of calling him the anti-christ. After your post I went back and did some studying. John Wesley had a great set of notes on Revelations. He was, and I must admit I am also, convinced that the land by the sea was Europe. Better than me trying to paraphrase, here's his own words.

"O reader, this is a subject wherein we also are deeply concerned, and which must he treated, not as a point of curiosity, but as a solemn warning from God! The danger is near. Be armed both against force and fraud, even with the whole armour of God. Out of the sea - That is, Europe. So the three woes (the first being in Persia, the second about the Euphrates) move in a line from east to west. This beast is the Romish Papacy, as it came to a point six hundred years since, stands now, and will for some time longer. To this, and no other power on earth, agrees the whole text, and every part of it in every point; as we may see, with the utmost evidence, from the propositions following: It is one and the same beast, having seven heads, and ten horns, which is described in this and in the seventeenth chapter . Of consequence, his heads are the same, and his horns also. This beast is a spiritually secular power, opposite to the kingdom of Christ. A power not merely spiritual or ecclesiastical, nor merely secular or political but a mixture of both. He is a secular prince; for a crown, yea, and a kingdom are ascribed to him. And yet he is not merely secular; for he is also a false prophet. The beast has a strict connexion with the city of Rome. This clearly appears from the seventeenth chapter . The beast is now existing. He is not past. for Rome is now existing; and it is not till after the destruction of Rome that the beast is thrown into the lake."

I tend to believe that the Anti-Christ and the false prophet will, indeed, come from Europe. Whether it comes from the Catholic Church or from the U.N. or perhaps a bastard-child of both, I don't know. But I stand by my assertion that in order for Magog and the following prophecies to come to pass, we as a nation can not be what we are now.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear