About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Monday, December 8, 2008

How Far Will We Fall?

Well, the powers that be have all but done it again. They've gotten the rough draft for the bail out of the auto workers union.... er, I mean, the auto industry, hammered out and delivered to the presidency. Once again, I heard the words "equity shares" thrown out like a trial balloon and I swear it took the better part of a roll of duct tape to keep my head from exploding.

Back when they bailed out the insurance companies and then the banks, we said, "OK. That's as far as we go." Then they hit us with the housing industry debacle, and we said it again. Now they're about to rape us a third time for the auto industry and I think that America has finally, said, "Fine. You're not listening anyways, so do what you want!" I hear the same old voices crying foul but where is the hue and cry from main street? Why aren't the phones burning out their wiring from being called constantly.

I long for the "Shining City on the Hill" that Ronald Reagan described and fought for, but the farther along we go, the more I expect to see a red flag with a hammer and sickle, pulled up in place of old glory.

Barry announced his plan to start the largest infrastructure rebuilding plan since WWII and he's already telegraphed his intention to bull through his socialization of the health care industry. The banking and housing industries are, for good or ill, already in the clutches of the government, and the auto industry has shown that they will hike their collective skirts for a payday. So what's next? I foresee a bailout of the liberal media, next. And we're going to get little anorexic cars pushed down our throats, whether we want them or not.

Meanwhile, I'm listening to most if not all of the right wing radio hosts and I hear over and over again, people who are ready to shoot elected officials in an armed uprising. Truthfully, I'm nearly there myself. I have come to the realization that we the people, have lost control over our own government. The government has become that which our Forefathers fought against.

Here's my question of the day: What will be your trigger? What will the government have to take away in order for you to commit everything to the idea of resetting the great experiment and putting it back on track? With all frankness, I have to say that the only thing that keeps me from flying completely off the hook is my family. In the beginning of every revolt, the people who are later heralded as heroes, are at first called criminals. I cannot, yet, do that to my families. I'm not even sure what my threshold is, but I know it approaches.

5 comments:

Joe said...

My trigger has already been reached.

While I am a little long of tooth to be actively engaged in brute force, I am scathingly involved in heavy correspondence with lawmakers, mine and others, letting them know of my willingness to be somehow involved in whatever process is necessary to overthrow them.

Scary.

Foe me.

But they don't seem to be shaking in their boots.

CB said...

Good question. But you know this is what Democrats have wanted forever, to control the means of production...sorry, that was Karl Marx.

WomanHonorThyself said...

can u believe this is happening?!

Ducky's here said...

I just want to point out that Obama is looking for a single payer solution to health insurance.

He is talking about health INSURANCE not health CARE.

Now there is no talk about state ownership of care so this is not socialized medicine.

If you want your arguments to be considered you really should try to be precise.

We here in New England look forward to the revolution in Inhofe land. To be blunt, we just don't think we'll lose much.

Greywolfe said...

Ducky

Your short-sited opinions don't surprise me anymore. Let me ask you something. If the law says an insurer that provides health insurance must do "A" even if doing so makes them unprofitable, what do you suppose that insurer will do? Stop providing that insurance or go bankrupt and the Government will "have" to step in and "rescue" them with taxpayer money. For an equity share, of course. So we have a further socialization of our private sector economy.

Aside from Malpractice insurance premiums, ducky, what is the single largest contributor to the cost of hospital care? Compliance. Government regulation on the health care industry and the costs associated with staying in compliance with unfunded madates is the top source increased cost. Add into that the ability for trial lawyers (which is where most lawmakers come from) to sue for outrageous sums for BS claims of malpractice and you have the current state of the healthcare industry. Well, that and the cost of allowing illegals to access our health care system for free.

Long and the short of it is, ducky, the outrageous costs associated with doing business in the best health care system in the world is the fault of liberal ideals being implemented in Washington.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear