About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Sacred Duty.

I am guilty of writing political opinions on here and I have been told that when I write these that it turns some people off. That my personal writings would be preferable. I would like to take a moment to explain why I'm dedicated to writing political pieces on here even if NO ONE reads them.

First of all, it's my duty to my country to fight for it any way I can. As an American its my obligation to try to make this the best place I can for my children to grow up in. I can't help but write about the justice or injustice that I see or encounter through my interactions with other people or the different media outlets that take raw information and grind and process and squeeze out the sausage they call news. There are too many forces at work in this country that are determined to undermine our society. To paraphrase a very famous man; all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. This is one of the ways that I avoid doing nothing. Voting is another. The problem is that I can't help but look at my fellow citizens and notice that so many of us live with our head under a rock. "My vote doesn't matter." "Awww, they don't listen to us in Washington so why should I give a damn?" Sound familiar? Well, I can say point blank they do listen when enough of us get off our lazy duffs and bother to contact them. For instance, Pres. Bush recently sided with (God help us!) Teddy Kennedy and a whole lot of others in congress to try to push through an amnesty bill for illegals in our country. What happened? They got so many calls and emails that the communications systems in the capitol got overloaded and shut down. They do listen. But you've got to be willing to beat them between the eyes with an axe handle to get their attention. Think about it and join in. Hell, more people watch the Superbowl every year than vote for Pres./Congress.

The other reason I try to get a point or two across on here to you people is because its expected of me by God. No he didn't come down and slap me in the back of the head and say, "Hey knucklehead! write something already!" What he did say in his Bible is that we are to be stewards of the things he gives us. Jesus said that ALL authority is given by the father. Our founding papers say that this is a government for the people, of the people, and by the people. So its on OUR authority that decisions are made. So if that authority is given us by God, then it is our duty as Christians to try to uphold the standards of this country and try to take it back to the things that made it a great country to begin with. To put the truth back in our national motto: In God We Trust.

I submit that since it is our duty to do this, that if I stopped putting on here what I believed both as a Christian and a conservative patriot, I would be sinning against God. As I believe all those that are members of this great republic are when they turn their destiny over to someone in Congress without holding them accountable.

Thank you and God bless you and keep you.

6 comments:

Joe said...

You are absolutely correct.

And I now come here as often as I can to read and catch up on reading what you have to say.

(BTW: I think YOU should be the one to buy CBS...I'll help with what I have [about $2,000.00]. Now all "we" need is about 3 1/2 billion more. Let's get some help from the bail-out oriented government).

Greywolfe said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Wish I felt worthy of it.

Jennifer said...

I am just new to this website, but I love it. I love your passion and who cares, if people get offended. I am so against the politically correct movement and having to be tolerant of everything. I say blog away! :-)

Greywolfe said...

Jennifer, welcome to my happy hunting grounds! Thanks for the support and I hope to see you here and at your site, also.

Jungle Mom said...

I am a Christian missionary and I also write about politics. You would be amazed at the people who say I have no business discussing politics because I am a missionary. What???

Greywolfe said...

Congratulations junglemom!!! oh. and welcome. You are taking it on the chin for Christ and that is a badge that a lot of us will deal with. I for one will keep up shouting from the rooftops till obama's civilian security force comes to get me.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear