About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Foundation of the Great Experiment

People I am sitting here at my desk trying to figure out what has me so pissed off about so many of the things I've read on the net in the last couple of days. I think I may have figured it out. For weeks now I've heard people (mostly neo-con pundits and left wing propagandists) say that Reagan conservatism is dead. Then I do myself a large favor and find all of these wonderful people on the net that I have so much in common with, in so many ways, and with a few exceptions, they believe most of what I do, but other than a vague sense that things should be "this way", they really can't tell me why they believe the country should go on a certain path.

Worse are those that give lip service to founding principles but then hedge when it comes to a topic that makes them uncomfortable. Prop 8 in California is a good example. I've got people sending me emails that are so dead set against it as a civil rights violation. How can this even be debated with a straight face? (no pun intended) To try to make it a civil rights issue you have to completely ignore the purpose that marriage has served and what it was for. Procreation of the species and the education and protection of the same. Nothing else. All of the other narcissistic arguments to the contrary, that is what marriage was ordained by God to accomplish. It wasn't set up to be a symbol of love. Hell, for most of human history, marriages were arranged affairs and the couple didn't have spit to say about it.

But it goes farther than that. Our public education system has succeeded in teaching our youth a completely backward view of our history and the so-called enlightened among us, will not allow themselves to be taught the truth. They are comfortable with excepting deviant behaviors to be paraded in front of us while the boy scouts are touted as a hate-teaching organization, and efforts to keep them off of Government land that are traditional retreat/camping areas for the boy scouts, in an attempt to force them to give over their ideals and moral beliefs. They get themselves so worked up and full of rage because some of us have a very clear moral compass and so we have no problem passing judgement on a behavior that is anathema to our beliefs. But the argument on Homosexual "rights" isn't even a cause for alarm. It's a symptom of the disinformation and dissolving of our soul as a nation. Moral equivelancy was injected into our society when our moral and religious backing was stripped away in the last 60 years. For over 300 years our forefathers lived on this land and had a very clear idea of how the country should be governed and our children taught. The tragedy is that what are children are being taught is a complete bastardization of actual events.

I could write for days and days without stopping on the founding principles and how, if we would just get back to them without ommitting those values that we find uncomfortable, we would find ourselves prosperous and powerful beyond anything yet imagined. Instead I'm going to turn you on to a couple of websites. I hope that each and every one of you will go to them and read for yourselves the truths that our forefathers already knew. Very nearly everything that plagues our society has been covered by our founders if we just look into their words and works of the day.

So here they are. The first website I would ask you all to visit and join up if you will is http://www.wallbuilders.com . From this site you will learn so much of what our framers thought of important issues of the day. Also, I would enjoin you to visit and also support the Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/ . The heritage foundation and the National Rifle Association are the two organizations outside of my church that I belong to. I gave up my Republican membership when they gave up my principles.

Finally, let me say this; Stop being afraid of standing for Truth. I capitalize it because it is indeed an entity unto itself. In this day and age, the belief in an absolute truth is frowned upon because it forces you to make judgement calls on everything. Learn to except that Truth does not change and is not really subjective. Our enemies try to make it subjective because the blackness that eats at their souls is easier to hide if they keep society from shedding light on it.

16 comments:

Joe said...

TOP: This is a well thought out and presented post.

The use of the pun to make a point, though perhaps unintended, really seats the thought. I, for one, like it.

The world no longer sees anything as right or wrong, good or bad, but as relative...mostly to their own philosophies.

Calling the "union" of two gay people "marriage," is like me calling my Saturn a Riviera. Call it what I may, it is still not a Riviera.

Call "gay marriage" what you will, it can't be a marriage.

Beamish said...

One of the fundamental differences between left and right is that the right doesn't need to redefine the meaning of words.

Greywolfe said...

Beamish, this is where we have to be careful about what we call "left" and "right". There are suposedly two parties with two differing points of view. The liberal (or left) party is now, supposedly, the Democratic party. And the conservative party is, again supposedly, the Republican party. It's the GOP that wants to redefined conservatism. So, too, does the libertarian party. They are more anarchist than conservative.

More than anything I wish that our founders would have heeded the advice of George Washington. He was completely against the formation of political parties as they would outshine the spirit of putting the country first.

If there is a revolt in our future, I hope that whoever finally hits the reset button does away with party affiliations by an act of law. That would put everyone on an even footing going forward.

Ducky's here said...

Finally, let me say this; Stop being afraid of standing for Truth

------------------------

Well clearly we have no such fear in New England.

Connecticut, Massachusetts -- Gay marriage is legal

Vermont -- Gay unions legal

Rhode Island -- Gay marriage in other states no recognized as legal.


We are the tip of the spear and New England is coming together in a voting block that is larger than Texas. You'd like it here. We've got two gay couples on the street, my neighbor is a Syrian, at least five languages (Arabic, Haitian, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese) are spoken on the street in addition to English.

I don't think conservatives understand the extent of their defeat this year. Outside of Question 8 the liberal agenda ran the table and you can be sure that it will continue.

Of course the meaning of marriage has changed tremendously over the centuries. It's a Latin word and the Romans did use it to refer to legally married male couples.

Keep trying.

Greywolfe said...

Ducky, welcome to the party. Now your point is... I'm sorry, I fail to see how the prevalence of political and social perversion is a reason to be proud. Other than the possibility that narcissism is a reason in the northeast to show pride.

And the Romans probably aren't a good thing to refer to if you are trying to show a successful society. They crumbled from within, choking on their own immorality and Godlessness. In that, you are probably correct, though. We are as a nation going the way of Rome, due in large part to people like yourself that believes that whatever a person wants to do to make himself feel better is ok.

And Truth is not something that liberals tend to stand for. I've yet to see a liberal argument that was founded in a reasoned argument without name-calling and slurs thrown in. And as for your point about Liberal agenda sweeping... Not so much. In so far as there were liberal wins, I suspect that it was more a case of conservatives not doing anything rather than them converting to libs.

shoprat said...

We have a major fight against us, be it with words or weapons, it's a fight that we cannot afford to lose.

We have two things going for us.

1/ Unlike the left we have something worth fighting for.

2/ The left thinks they've won the final battle.

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

I am thankful that my fellow bloggers have such intelligence and character. God bless you, and have a happy Thanksgiving!

CB said...

Good stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving!

WomanHonorThyself said...

Happy Thanksgiving and keep fightin the good fight my friend !! :-)

Ducky's here said...

Procreation of the species and the education and protection of the same. Nothing else. All of the other narcissistic arguments to the contrary, that is what marriage was ordained by God to accomplish.

------------------------

Just sharing life with a loved one isn't a purpose of marriage?

Of course political alliances and transfer of property have been critical functions of marriage historically.

How do you determine what God has ordained without using your own set of dogma? Surely marriage has meaning for people outside that frame of reference. Why dent it?

Greywolfe said...

Ducky, thank you for making my point. Not one reasoned argument, only feelings. And as for the use of marriage for political alliances, that was a bastardization of property rights. Property rights and the passing of property is, indeed a function of Marriage, in so far as it provides for the "family". Sorry, I have to keep going back to that core use: The procreation, education, and protection of the family is all part of it.

And as for your last statement, it is an irrelevant argument. However, I will try very hard to put this in terms that even you can understand. First, regardless of what you WISH to think, the fact that this country was founded as a Christian nation cannot be debated. As such, we look to what the bible has to say about marriage and take our cue from that.

You and yours would take America down the road of Sodom and Gomorrah. They too, did whatever they wanted because it felt good and therefore they felt they had the right to do it. They were wrong and paid for it.

Your last sentences, "Surely marriage has meaning for people outside that frame of reference. Why dent it?" Simple. You can find meaning for finding Elvis' face in a piece of toast too, but it doesn't make it fact or right. My beliefs are based on the scriptures that this country was founded on.

My suggestion for you would be to stop defending the indefensible and educate yourself with an open mind and heart. However, you won't do that. It flies in the face of what you want to be reality. You'd rather try and rewrite history with the idea that this was never a christian nation. Come here prepared to argue facts, don't come with lame attempts at guilt trips.

Jennifer said...

Great post TOP! Thanks for the links, I've already seen Heritage but will now check out the other one. I fear what my children learn every day just waiting for another liberal viewpoint to try and dissolve the values and morals they have been taught!

Ducky's here said...

Greywolfe, the "Christian nation" argument is up for grabs. Let me remind you that the founders were very much products of the enlightenment and therefore pantheists.

I can assure you that Emerson and many other men of letters and cultural movers in New England were not "Christians" as you use the word.

And we certainly aren't a "Christian" nation now in your terms of evangelical Protestantism.

Sorry, GreyWolfe but the Inhofe set is a very distinct cultural MINORITY in America. The opposition (irrational, I'd say) to gay marriage is just a symptom of your war with the larger culture.

Greywolfe said...

Sorry ducky, wrong again. You need an education and you came her so I'll give it to you. I just hope that you have the courage to see the Truth and accept it. If you can't I don't suppose there's much reason to continue a coversation, as it'll be proof that you have a closed mind and heart and therefore cannot be taught. I don't just write this blog so that I can "preach to the choir". My purpose is to engage others in debate and hopefully teach and learn at the same time.

So, American History 101 begins now:
Samuel Adams- Father of the American Revolution, Signer of the Declaration of Independence, "I . . . recommend my Soul to that Almighty Being who gave it, and my body I commit to the dust, relying upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins." -from his will.

Charles Carroll-Signer of the Declaration of Independence,"On the mercy of my Redeemer I rely for salvation and on His merits; not on the works I have done in obedience to His precepts." -From an autographed letter in our possession written by Charles Carroll to Charles W. Wharton, Esq., on September 27, 1825, from Doughoragen, Maryland.

John Dickinson-Signer of the Constitution, "Rendering thanks to my Creator for my existence and station among His works, for my birth in a country enlightened by the Gospel and enjoying freedom, and for all His other kindnesses, to Him I resign myself, humbly confiding in His goodness and in His mercy through Jesus Christ for the events of eternity."

If you'd like more I can give you page after page after page. From the fact that the original job of Congressional Chaplin was to "Preach the Gospel" every Sunday, to Judges that gave sermons on asking God for forgiveness before a capitol sentence was handed down.

And as for Christians being a minority? Sorry,70 - 80 % of America defines itself as Christian. If you like I'll link the latest polls.

Education will keep the taste of athletes foot off your tongue, If you like I'd be happy to assist you in your edification.

Ducky's here said...

Oh and Sodom was not destroyed because of the practice of Sodomy but because of a failure of hospitality and charity.

Greywolfe said...

Ducky, don't argue things you've obviously not studied. To speak on something you have no clue about makes you look an ass.

Once again it falls to me to educate you. Genesis 18:16-33 and Genesis 19:1-11. If you will take the time to read this you will find that God made his judgement on Sodom well before Lot and his family took in the Angels. The Angels went there to find any men that were righteous and if there were at least 10, the town would have been saved. This was only because of the pleas of Abraham, that this concession was even being made. It was the depravity and perversion that got Sodom destroyed.

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear