About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Third World Politics in a First World Nation

I feel like I'm watching a third world country try to pull off its very first election instead of the oldest democratic republic in the world try for the 44th Presidential election in over 200 years of voting. What in the world is going on? Acorn and their ilk have guaranteed that we will have another election just like the one 8 years ago. Endless recounts followed by several states asking the courts to intervene, right up to and including the Supreme Court.

It amazes me that those on the left, who are always crying about how we're undermining "some one's" rights, are so quick to just shrug off the blatant fraud that is being perpetrated in at least 13 states. I'm ashamed to say that the reason that they aren't saying anything is because the person that is being helped by all this is Obama. What is it about this man that makes people excuse anything done, regardless at how morally reprehensible it is, just to get him into office.

I've done what I've heard the talking heads on TV and in the radio say they do. I ask people why they are voting for Obama. Granted, I'm in a small rural town of about 7,000 (not counting students in college) and that probably taints the validity of my sample, somewhat, however, Not one person that I talk to can name anything, specifically, that he has done. And yet, millions of people are willing to prostitute their integrity for him.

I have given up the idea that we can win this election fairly, no matter what McCain does. I'm afraid of what is going to happen to our country given that both houses are looking to become filibuster proof and no chance of a Presidential veto. I wonder how much it will take. How many of our liberties and freedoms will have to be revoked in order for Americans to take back our government? I hope to God that force will not be needed to get this wonderful place back on track to being the place that I love in my mind, however, I don't see any hope of the insanity to fade on its own.

Understand that I am not lobbying for an armed overthrow of the government. I just see the frustration getting to that point very soon. I guess we all have to make choices. I wonder where you will come down?

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear