About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Monday, September 29, 2008

Foxes Cleaning the Chicken Coop

Never so true a statement has ever been made as the title of this rant. The very people that are now busting everyone in the chops for voting against the financial bailout bill (thank God!) are the very ones that blocked the regulators from doing their jobs or taking action on information brought to congress in 2004.

Check out the video on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs It shows a 2004 hearing on Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae and the lengths and breadths that the Democrats went to demonize the poor schmuck that tried to blow the whistle on what was truly going on. Now, those same sad-sacks are telling us that they have the answers... All we have to do is try to choke down the 700 billion dollars that bailing out the banks would take.

They are the ones telling us, also, that the reason that all this is happening is because of Corporate greed on Wall Street. Truth is, they had the opportunity to stop it 4 years ago and didn't. In fact, this was a time bomb set by Jimmy Carter and then primed by Congress in '94. Well, the bomb has gone off. Now we have to decide how much more of our private sector we're willing to let the government steal. They are systematically taking more and more companies over and more and more companies are showing up at the Capitol steps with their little tin cups, hoping for more of the free money that Congress has decided to spend. Too bad all that money belongs to US.

How many people out there are truly surprised that this has turned into a political event, rather than the joining of forces of the statesmen in each party that it was supposed to be? Come on! After they politicized our troops' efforts and tried time and again to wave the white flag and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, are you truly surprised that they would go this route with a financial emergency? I'm not. Nothing that group of bottom feeding mud suckers do will ever surprise me. With the possible exception of the remote possibility that they might, some day, try to do the right thing. Just once. No... I didn't hold out much hope either.

On the positive side, there is more and more strength being found in the phrase "We the people..." This is the third time the American people have stood up and said, "I really don't think so. Trust me. It's not gonna happen!" First time we exercised our power was the Harriet Myers nomination by G. W. Bush to the supreme court in 2005. Next was the Dubai Ports deal that they tried to cram down our throats in 2006. And finally, we have this travesty of a deal that, once again, they have tried to ram down our throats. Huzzah to all who have been calling, emailing, and writing your congressmen. Keep it up because they will try again, trust me.

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear