About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

America As I See Her

I was just sitting here wondering what I would write about tonight and I came to the conclusion that whatever it was going to be, it wasn't going to be about the election. So I got to thinking about what is fundamentally wrong and right with America and thought I'd try and work through some of it. This won't be a complete picture, by any means. And I'm not saying that I've got ALL the answers. That is more brass than even I have. But here's a S.W.A.G at some of the landscape as I see it.
First of all, I'd like to say that I still believe that this is the greatest country on the planet, or in all of its history for that matter. No place has given so many so much in such a relatively short amount of time. We, as a country are just a little over 200 years old. We truly have come a long way. It's amazing to me how forward thinking our founders were when they set up this great republic. Reading some of the thoughts of Jefferson, Washington, Franklin and others, you get the idea that they really did know how we could be sent off the straight and narrow as a country and tried to give us warnings of what to watch out for. chief among the hazards that this new type of country would be the exclusion of God from our governing.
John Adams said, "...Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
Furthermore, Fisher James (framer of the 1st Amendment) had this to say, "Our liberty depends on our education, our laws, and habits . . . it is founded on morals and religion, whose authority reigns in the heart, and on the influence all these produce on public opinion before that opinion governs rulers."
I could go on at length about how our founders always refered to their faith in making governmental decisions. The idea of a wall that shuts religion and government away from each other was a product of this last century. And no where in any government paper or law is that set down until the early 1900's.
Well, my eyes don't want to focus anymore so I'll stop for now and see what I can come up with tomorrow. And if any of you have questions about what this great country was supposed to be in the eyes of our founders send me a question and I'll see if I can get it answered in the documents and letters that our founders left us.
God bless you and keep you.

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear