About Me

My photo
I'm a simple man, not a simpleton. The worst thing any of our leaders can do is to get those two things confused. I'm a warrior for those things I believe in. I stand up for my friends, family, God, and country. All I truly want is for the government to stay as far out of my life as I can get it. Oh and just in case you haven't guessed it; I'm conservative in my bones.

Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9/11 I Still Remember!

At the RNC they had a video tribute to 9/11 and in the whole thing, the only line in it that mentioned ANYTHING about the President was that they would have a president that would keep it from happening again. Or something similar. Immediately the incredibly asinine Keith Olberman decided that it was a moral outrage that the RNC would show that video. That it was reprehensible to remind people of that wound that still has not healed in the heart of NYC. First off, Keith Olberman is a political prostitute that has no place telling ANYONE what is reprehensible. He's a hack that has a hard time saying anything that is not from the liberal talking points. Each time I hear him give an opinion on something I feel like I should go in for a series of anti-biotic treatments. I am afraid that whatever robbed him of his wits might be contagious and transmitted via sound. You never know. Colleges have been spreading liberal tripe for years by yelling into young peoples ears where the brains are more mush than anything firm enough to hold a decent conviction or principle.
Personally, I think they should show the 9/11 attack from beginning to end at least once a month. Every time someone says we shouldn't be engaging Al-Qaida in Iraq. By the way, that's their name: "Al-Qaida in Iraq". Hmmm. Almost sounds like a terrorist group, doesn't it? Oh well, that's old news. If you don't realize who we are fighting there and why I'm afraid that there is nothing that I or anyone else with a sane thought process can say to show you the light of day. Keep your head down in your hole. Just do me a favor and don't vote. God knows we've got enough blithering idiots voting who shouldn't be.
Sorry, I get sidetracked sometimes. The point of this rambling little rant is that I believe that, in this, the Republicans are spot on. These insanely religious fanatics STILL want to hit us again. They STILL want to make their next attack dwarf 9/11. And by all that's sacred to God-fearing Americans we cannot allow a coward or a fool to occupy the Oval Office. Lord knows I don't have much positive to say about Pres. Bush any more, but that is one thing I have never faulted him for. Taking the fight to the middle east and keeping it there was the best thing he could have done. And at least McCain will finish the job before he pulls our men and women out.
I've told my children time and again, "When dealing with bullies, there are worse fates than coming home with a black eye. Worse things than being hit." To a larger degree, there are worse things than having military people die on foreign soil. To keep them here and then bury 3000+ civilians on our soil, for instance. We must make sure that the President that takes office in July will stand up to the people on this planet that forsake the rules that civilized people live by. We can't negotiate with them like killing every Jew or Christian is a valid idea.
Leave the domestic scene alone for a minute. Let's pretend that we aren't teetering on the brink of a major recession(which if you read your dictionary on the term you see we are definitely NOT in one. No matter what the media would have you believe). Let's pretend that no one is panicking over the 2% of housing loans that have defaulted or are in danger of defaulting. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that our wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are the only things we got going against us, can we afford to have a President that doesn't understand the basic idea of Good and Evil?
God forgive us if we don't get that straight in our minds and keep it there. Come on folks, do your Internet searches, take your ADD medication and try and keep a focus on the things that threaten our way of life. God will have to be the one to have mercy on us, because the Islamo-fascists won't. And they WILL come here as soon as they've consolidated their power in Iraq.
Thanks for reading this( if you made it all the way through). And if you disagree, please send me something or post here. Let's talk about it and maybe, hopefully, someone can show me that it isn't as bleak as I fear.
And finally, a reminder: All authority comes from the Father. We have the Authority over who comes to power. That authority is exercised by our making an educated choice on election day. To make it arbitrarily or not at all is to throw down a task given to us by God and makes us, if nothing else, a very poor steward of his trust. Just a thought.

0 comments:

Web Site Hit Counter
discount climbing gear